Valentine’s Day, also called Saint Valentine’s Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine, is celebrated annually on February 14. Did you know the Roman Catholics are responsible for creating this day of symbolic love? Saint Valentine was apparently beheaded for helping a Christian couples wed. The origins of this day is a bit blurry.
It is one of the most vibrant festivals widely celebrated worldwide by all the romantics. Different countries have created their own sweet way of expressing their love for their significant one with a variety of different rituals. Some places celebrate by showering all their love to their family and friends, rather than gifting their romantic couple. Whereas, some places treat children with abundance of gifts and candies. Usually people start planning months before this day to surprise their special people by giving them the best Valentine’s Day gifts. This is often where we face trouble in deciding. The perfect way to go through this day is by religiously following the Valentines week. Below are the days in details and the best Valentines gifts ideas to make this Valentines a very special and unique one!
7th Feb – Rose Day: As obvious as the name states, rose day is the first day of the Valentines week. The ideal gift for boyfriend or girlfriend would be a Rose. Moreover, not any color, but a Red rose to be specific. You could surprise your loved one with a proposal and take them aback with a beautiful bouquet.
Gift ideas for him and her:
- You could just be simple and classy by gifting a variety of flowers by punching up a few different roses. You could add in a card for her with a personal message.
- Different color roses gives out individual messages. Giving a multicolored bunch could mean your partner means everything to you.
8th Feb – Propose Day: As the day suggests, this is the day you have been waiting for. Finally, popping the question and, what better than this. Ideally, you should have a ring ready and a knee to bend down on and propose, but there are also other creative ideas.
Gift ideas for boys / girls:
- Personalized “I love you” cakes.
- Customized heart shaped cushions is a good gift idea for your boyfriend
- Gold plated bracelet is a good gift idea for your girlfriend
9th Feb – Chocolate Day: For all the sweet tooth lovers, this is the perfect day to gift your boyfriend or girlfriend lots of chocolates. It is believed to be the best gift to give after an argument, or to just win their hearts over with.
Gift ideas for boys / girls: :
- For men: Ferrero Rocher Chocolates
- For women: Flowers and chocolates
- For girlfriend: Chocolate bouquets
- For boyfriend: Chocolate cakes
10th Feb – Teddy Day: This is the favorite day for most of the girls. This is a chance to thank all your bears for the great company. This is the perfect way to express your love for your valentine and surprise them with some cuddles.
Gift ideas for boys / girls:
- Wrap your teddy up in a basket with different kinds of chocolates and wrap it up with frills and ribbons.
- Teddy bears holding a mug with a heart shape in it.
- Teddy bears are available everywhere, but the best ones are the big ones which are almost human size.
11th Feb – Promise Day: This day is celebrated to widely show your love the true dedication you have towards them. You make a promise to be with each other forever in good times and the bad ones too. This brings a sense of satisfaction to one another and makes the love grow even stronger.
Gift ideas for boys / girls:
- If you have the exceptional talent for singing, you could probably sing your favorite song on loving one another forever and win their heart.
- You could arrange a treasure hunt kind of game for them by making small chits with clues. Probably of the places, you first met, food you love, etc., and, upon the right guess, you could hand them out small gifts each.
- Make a card with all of the promises you would make to your loved one. This would mean the world t the other person. Knowing how much you care!
12th Feb – Hug Day: This is one of the most special days of the Valentines week. On this day, people of all age groups show their love and affection by hugging the people that mean the most to them. Did you know that a hug actually has health benefits? It could release your stress level and make your heart rate normal. It makes the person feel very relaxed and comfortable. I personally believe there should be no specific day for this as a HUG is free and can be given any time. But, for this day specially, hug your loved one the tightest and make them feel even more loved!
13th Feb – Kiss Day: This is the last day of the Valentine’s Day week. This means that V-Day just a day away. After this entire week of pampering, I am sure your partner is now already going all-gaga over you. The first kiss always remains a memorable one for each person. It could just be a peck on the cheek or on the lips. It could also be a passionate one. So today, make the best in expressing what you really feel with a long and beautiful kiss. Unfortunately, if you are not together, then you can send beautiful messages, GIFs or quotes for them.
14th Feb – Valentine’s Day: After the entire wait, it is finally here! The day you have been waiting for so eagerly. If your heart is not full with all the valentines gift ideas above, then here are a few more:
Gift ideas for your girlfriend/wife:
- Body gel, soaps, fragrance body wash, etc.
- Photo frames with pictures of you with your partner
- Scented candles
- Tea infuser
- Customized pillow covers
Gift ideas for your boyfriend/husband:
- Mobile holder
- Curated personal favorite playlist
- Fancy tie with cufflinks
- Shaving accessories
- LED Frames with photos and names
If you and your partner are in a long distance relationship, then you could make numerous placards and insert cute/ sweet/ love messages in them by either painting or writing them down with sketch pen. Then with the help of a few apps, you could create a video holding out all the placards with a romantic song playing in the background. This would make them feel really special even being miles apart. You could ofcourse have a video call and do the same, but what is the fun if not storing these special memories in your archive!
Hope you have a wonderful day with your favorite person and shower the entire lifetime with love for one another by these Valentine gift ideas. If you have managed to sparkle the lives of your loved ones with any creative ideas for gifts or anything from the top of your thinking caps, please do share in the comments below.